LOWER MERION COMMITTEE FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION
The Committee for Special Education (CSE) Is a parent-let volunteer organization serving families of children with IEPs, GIEPs, and or 504 Service Agreements in Lower Merion School District since 1972
WE OFFER INFORMATION, SUPPORT AND RESOURCES THROUGH:
- The CSE Listserv. (Click here to join)
- Monthly Educational Programs (See details below).
- CSE Website with information about laws and policies that affect families of children with educational, social, emotional, or medical needs.
- CSE School Representatives. Each Lower Merion school has volunteer CSE Representatives with whom you can talk to and find out how to get connected and find resources in and around the district.
- Parent Socials. Informal gatherings to meet and share information with other families.
- FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK Lower Merion Committee for Special Education
- Advocacy. CSE helps families advocate for their children to obtain resources and services through training and parent/guardian supports. We work to expand opportunities for children and young adults with special needs.
- Collaboration with LMSD administrators to share parent perspectives, improve programming and policies, and solve problems.
2019-20 Educational Series
- DATE: Tuesday, September 17, 2019, from 7:00-8:00pm
- TOPIC: Meet the LMSD Special Education Team
- LOCATION: LMSD Administration Building, Rooms 264A and 264B 301 E. Montgomery Ave., Ardmore (Parking and entrance: Administration Lot C, west side of building, enter through the red door #7 in the lot.).
- Meet and Greet with the LMSD Special
Education and CSE Teams
Join us for our next meeting where we will hear from Kimberly Fraser, Director of Student Services and Special Education (SE) at LMSD, who will provide an overview of SE Services in our district. You will also meet and hear briefly from other members of the SE team, including:
• Melissa Sinapi-Gibson, Lead Supervisor of SE, Supervisor of SE, Grades 10-12
• Beth Cavalier, Supervisor of SE, Grades 4-6
• Stephani Doyle, Supervisor of SE, Grades K-3
• Gwen Nartowics, Supervisor of SE, Grades 7-9
• Adil Nure, Lead Supervisor of Clinical Services & Gifted Education
• Rich Marta, Supervisor K-12 Counseling, Testing & Holistic Supports
Additionally, we will have a brief overview of the CSE by our new President, Maureen O’Leary and you will be able to meet other CSE school representatives. A child friendly area will be available adjacent to the meeting.
- MORE INFO: Educational presentations will typically be held on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening each month at 7:00pm or 7:30pm. The day and times will vary by month and presenter. Our goal is to record and post the presentations to the CSE website following each session so that families and staff can access the information shared.
- QUESTIONS? Contact CSE President at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find the tentative schedule below. Check back for updates on topics, speakers and dates.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE for 2019-20 Educational Series:
- SEPTEMBER TOPIC: MEET THE LMSD SPECIAL EDUCATION TEAM
- OCTOBER TOPIC: NEUROPSYCH TESTING
- NOVEMBER TOPIC: TECHNOLOGY AND SETT WEBINAR
- DECEMBER TOPIC: TRANSITION/ COLLEGE
- JANUARY TOPIC: ESY/ SUMMER PANEL
- FEBRUARY TOPIC 1: GIFTED
- FEBRUARY TOPIC 2: PARENT EDUCATION TOPIC WITH ISC (TENTATIVE)
- MARCH TOPIC: INCLUSION IN THE COMMUNITY
- APRIL TOPIC: POLICE/CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES
- MAY TOPIC: HEALTH RELATED TOPIC
The CSE welcomes new volunteers. Please contact CSE at email@example.com if you would like to be a CSE rep for your school, contribute ideas for programming, or network with other parents.